Shop on Arrival for Thailand's Rainy Season
Shop as soon as you have an opportunity. Consider our list of necessities for Thailand's rainy season. Don't go to a department store unless the weather is bad. Most of what you need will be available in local shops or markets.
- Hat or Cap Keeping your head dry is important. A hat with a brim keep your neck dryer as well.
- Umbrella A fold up one will become a continual friend. Get one large enough to share.
- Flip-flops Buy a cheap "throw away" pair. They're fine for wading. Replace as needed.
- Anti bacterial soap Asepso and Protex are two widely available brands.
- Talcum powder Helps keep tender areas from chafing.
- Mosquito spray A number are available at shops. Powder and liquid. Skeetolene has a nice spray.
- Keela Lotion Widely available. Nice applicator top, eases mosquito bites, rashes, skin allergies, dermatitis.
- Shirt or blouse if you didn't bring an extra. Buy light weight cotton for fast drying.
- Sarong, light weight cotton for wearing around the guest house. Also substitutes as a towel.
- Pancho If you plan to do a lot of walking in the rain.
- Subway & Skytrain map Get free ones at stations. Planning trips in advance saves time. Stations usually have exits on both sides of boulevards. Make sure you exit the correct side.
Make a good packing list for rainy season.