Thailand Long Stay Visa Requirements
Qualifications Thailand Long Stay Visa
- A foreign national whose age is 55 years or above
- Not being prohibited from entering the Kingdom under the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (A.D.1979)
- Having in possession of money amounting not less than 800,000 Baht being kept in an account for a minimum of 2 months.
Documents Required for Thailand Long Stay Visa
- A copy of visa application form completely filled out.
- Two passport-sized photos of the applicant taken within the past six months.
- Photocopy of the applicant\'s travel document with validity not less than 18months.
- Financial documents (copy) as stated in "Qualifications"
Submission Channels for Documents
- Applicants can submit their applications both at the Thai consular missions abroad and at the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand.
- The whole process can last about 1 - 1/2 months.
Procedures for Thailand Long Stay Visa
From consular missions outside Thailand
Once the application form together with required documents submitted, the Consular officials are required to examine such documents to see that they are in good order and completed as stated in II., then they must be mailed through the pouch to the Ministry in Bangkok.
The Consular missions will be notified to issue visa to the individual applicant when the Office of Immigration Bureau has given approval.
The Consular official must request for financial documents (original ones) that the applicant has already complied with financial obligations previously stated. before granting the visa.
Office of the Immigration Bureau
The following applicants may apply for this type of visa in Thailand
- Applicants undergoing Health Rehabilitation Program in hospitals or Health Centers. These organizations will apply on behalf of the individual applicant.
- Applicants who are spouses / parents / children of applicants above.
- Applicants to whom the agencies or organizations approved by the Office of the Immigration Bureau have applied for visa on their behalf.
The above mentioned applicants must have qualifications as previously stated.
Duration of Stay and Extension of Stay
Permission to stay in the Kingdom will be granted for one year upon arrival in the Kingdom.
Upon expiry date of such period , extension for one year at a time will be granted to this group of people as long as they meet the requirements as earlier stated and is at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
Caveat: Regulations change often in Thailand. Check with your local Thai consulate for the latest information.