Ask Your Divemaster
Questions About Diving Locations
- Will the boat have a normal payload of divers and students?
- Will it be full of DSD, scores of kids from the local international school doing Open Water
- Will there be technical divers who will need two hours or more decompression stops
Any of these can seriously screw up the day for a diver who just wants a coral dive or wreck dive.
More Dive Trip Questions
- Are there any extra charges, such as a marine park?
- Is there a good dive briefing pointing out potential hazards as well as the fun things to see?
- Do they mention time/air limits, emergency recall system, buddy separation procedures etc?
- Do they organize dive buddies so that inexperienced divers are not paired up on a dive that may be beyond their capabilities?
- Do they check out site safety: Weather, currents, surface traffic, wave size, marine life problems such as jellyfish?
- Are they careful how they anchor if there are no mooring buoys?
- Do the professional staff keep a discreet eye on teams to ensure they do buddy checks?
- Is there a professional on the dive platform when divers enter the water and to assist them when they return to the boat?
- Is there a roll call?