Getting Around Krabi, Thailand
Getting to Krabi Province and Krabi Town is relatively straightforward, relatively being the key. Various transportation options include:
- Fly to Krabi Airport on commercial airlines
- Drive yourself in a rented or personal vehicle
- Engage a private van and driver
- Travel by bus from any number of locations
Even if you are driving a rented car, your own vehicle, or keeping your van and driver for the duration of your stay, you may need to use some of the local transportation options.
While car ferries can get you and your vehicle to Koh Lanta, you will need to travel by boat or ferry to Phi Phi and the smaller islands.
Flying to Krabi
- Thai Air Asia flies 3 times per week BAK (Don Muang) to KBV - about THB 4,000, return
- Thai Smile (Thai Airways) has 4 flights daily SUV (Suvarnabhumi) to KBV flies - Varies from THB 5,200 - 7,200 (based on restrictions), return
- Bangkok Airways has 3 flights weekly USM (Koh Samui) to KBV - THB 5,500 return
- Tiger Airways flies daily SIN (Singapore) to KBV - from THB 1,300 one-way