Getting to Koh Chang, Thailand
Getting to Trat and then eventually Ko Chang requires a multi step process.
Getting to Trat - Several Options
- Fastest (from Bangkok) - Bangkok Airways flies several flights each week from Bangkok. The fare is Bt 4,000 return.. See a schedule at Bangkok Airways
- Fast - Fly to Utapao and take a hired car to Trat and Laem Ngop.
- Slower - Minivan service from Bangkok that includes ferry tickets is widely available from hotel travel desks and travel agents for upwards of Bt 250 .
Slower - Bus service from virtually
any city in Thailand is available. From Bangkok ,
take a bus from the Eckamai Bus Terminal .
Air con buses are Bt 200 , run ever hour from 05:00 - 23:00 and require upwards of 6 hours .
- From Pattaya and Baan Phe - Mini bus service (via Baan Phe pier) should be: Pattaya Bt 400, Baan Phe 300 (add Bt 100 for ferry ticket)
- Self Drive - Car ferries available at Thammachat Bay Pier (Ao Thammachat), Center Point and Laem Ngop.
From Trat to Ko Chang
If your arranged transportation terminated in Trat, find
a canopied pickup truck with bench seats, often called
a songtaew or seelor, that is headed
for Laem Ngop pier.
A direct hire should be Bt 100 (negotiate the price in advance), while a multi stopping shared vehicle should be Bt 20. Figure 20 - 30 minutes.
Finally! the Ferry to Paradise!
- Center Point Pier to Dan Kao Pier : Bt 80, Bt 120 return.
- Laem Ngop Pier to Dan Kao Pier : Bt 50 (schedules are every 1 to 2 hours 06:00 to 17:00 approximately)
- Laem Ngop Pier to Dan Mai Pier : daily 13.00, Bt 30, requires 30 minutes
- Laem Ngop Pier to Than Mayom Pier : daily 14.00 Bt 50, requires 45 minutes
Car Ferries to Koh Chang
- Thammachat Pier to Ko Chang Ferry Pier : same rates as Laem Ngop Schedule is every 1.5 hr from 07:00 to 19:00 + 21:00 on weekends.
- Center-Point-Pier to Dan-Kao-Pier : Passengers - Bt 50; motorcycle + 1 person Bt 50; Car + 1 person Bt 150
- Laem-Ngop-Pier to Dan-Kao-Pier : Passengers - Bt 50; motorcycle + 1 person Bt 70; Car + 1 person Bt 125 (+ Bt 30 for each passenger) - (schedules are every 1.5 hours 07:00 to 17:00 approximately)
Note: rainy season schedules, May to October vary depending on weather.