Bangkok Subway Stations
Bangkok's subway stations are a bit stark, but they are spacious, clean and comfortable. Look for them to be livened up a bit with shops at the entrance levels.
All stations we visited, with the exception of Bangsue, were air conditioned.
Generally, the system operates from 06:00 - 24:00. Each station has a sign at the entrance showing the exact time of departure of the first and last train.
Note: on concourses with trains operating in both directions, be sure to observe the direction of travel before boarding.
Combined @ Bangkok Skytrain & Subway Map
click station names for station maps
- Stations have token vending machines plus an attended office where cards may be purchased or value added to "stored value card.
- Attendants and staff are able to converse in English at a good level. Security personnel are assigned to the concourse levels.
- Route diagrams are displayed above train access doors. Small red lights indicate the first and last doors to be available for entry.
- Doors for wheelchair access, and corresponding subway cars with wheelchair stations, are marked.
- Stations have local area maps located at strategic points in the station. They are quite convenient for figuring out which exit to use.